- This guided tour is offered exclusively as a Private Tour.
- You choose the day and start time you prefer.
- The duration of the tour is 3,5 hours.
- There is no minimum number of participants, if the group is very numerous there will be a second guide to guarantee the quality of service.
- The meeting point with the guide can be your hotel or another place that you prefer.
- The tour is normally done on foot and by public transport. If you wish to take a tour by bicycle or bus with a private driver, please request this in the corresponding form.
- The cost of the tour depends on your preferences and the size of the group. Request a quote.
THIS TOUR INTERESTS YOU IF…
- You want to get to know Berlin by bicycle, accompanied by an expert English-speaking guide, combining the beauty of a bike ride with moments of discovery of the city.
- You want to discover the symbolic points of the German capital while avoiding the use of public transport, together with an English-speaking guide to lead your discovery of Berlin.
- You want to have a guide at your complete disposal to pick you up at the hotel and give you exclusive and personalized service.
- You want to have a general idea of the history of Berlin in order to better plan your stay.
WHAT WE WILL SEE
- Brandenburg Gate and Pariser Square
- Potsdamer Square
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Memorial to the murdered Jews of Europe
- Berlin Wall
- Gendarmenmarkt Square
- Berliner Dom
- Topography of Terror: former Gestapo and SS headquarters
- Reichstag Building
- Unter den Linden Boulevard
- Bebelplatz – Memorial to the book-burning
- Museum Island
- Jewish Quarter
- Humboldt University
Berlin is certainly the ideal city to discover by bike, given the low traffic, the extensive network of cycle paths, and an almost completely flat topography.
Pedaling through the streets of Berlin allows you to catch features that would escape you on public transport, such as the smell of parks in autumn or the pleasant spring sun that warms you up as you ride along the banks of the Spree river.
The English-language “Berlin by Bike” tour will take us through the most important places in the German capital, showing us everything that must absolutely be visited while staying in the city.
Bicycles will be rented directly at your hotel if you are in the center. The guide will pick you up at the hotel and, at the end of the tour, you can continue to discover Berlin with your bicycle, which you will safely return at the end of the day.
If you are not staying in the city center you need not worry, in that case the meeting point will be Alexanderplatz, the most central and easy-to-reach station in Berlin.
There you will rent bikes right under the famous TV Tower. During the guided tour we will learn about the contemporary Potsdamer Platz, one of the most famous squares in Berlin and a fundamental place in understanding the changes that took place in the German capital during the 20th century.
We will be moved as we identify the surrounding wounds of the Second World War and hear stories related to the Wall and will then admire the symbols of contemporary Berlin with a visit to the Sony Center.
We will ride through the large Tiergarten Park, formerly the hunting reserve of the Prussian kings. We will pass through the Brandenburg Gate to reach the famous boulevard Unter den Linden (“Under the Linden Trees”), as Napoleon did in 1806, and then come to one of the most beautiful squares in Berlin: Gendarmenmarkt.
We will also admire the Reichstag building, the German Parliament, inextricably linked to the violent history of the city. We will then go to the Holocaust Memorial, inaugurated in 2005 and created to commemorate the victims of Jewish origin throughout Europe murdered by the Nazis.
We will end this guided tour by passing through the “Jewish Quarter” to reach Museum Island, with the impressive Protestant cathedral the Berliner Dom, and the reconstruction of the ancient Berlin Castle, which will become the home of the Humboldt Forum once completed.
With the “Berlin by Bike” tour we will discover all the most important periods and the symbolic monuments of Berlin and we will learn about its exciting and tragic history, made up of reconstructions and contrast. Thanks to a pleasant ride with a high degree of cultural content, we will discover Berlin throughout its 800 years of development.
WHERE IS THE MEETING POINT LOCATED?
The guide will pick you up at your hotel or in another place of your choice.
- You can extend the duration of the guided tour, personalize the tour or take a longer break in a restaurant that we will recommend based on your gastronomic preferences.
- We will be happy to suggest activities for your stay in Berlin, where and what to eat, and which museums or neighborhoods to visit. We are available to advise you as best as possible based on your needs.
Please do not hesitate to write in case of doubts or questions – we are here for you!
ViveBerlin Tours, the Tourist Guide Cooperative. Discover the different facets of Berlin with our Private Berlin Tours.