- This guided tour is offered exclusively as a Private Tour.
- You choose the day and start time you prefer.
- The duration of the tour is 6 hours.
- There is no minimum number of participants, if the group is very numerous there will be a second guide to guarantee the quality of service.
- The meeting point with the guide can be your hotel or another place that you prefer.
- The tour is normally done on foot and by public transport. If you wish to take a tour by bicycle or bus with a private driver, please request this in the corresponding form.
- The cost of the tour depends on your preferences and the size of the group. Request a quote.
THIS TOUR INTERESTS YOU IF…
- You love places of classic beauty and you want to take a walk in an unforgettable setting full of palaces, lakes, and forests.
- You like History and you want to visit in person the places where Germany was divided and where the spy exchanges between the United States and the Soviet Union took place.
- You want to discover Potsdam accompanied by expert English-speaking guides, who will lead you through the gardens of the palaces of the Prussian kings, a UNESCO heritage site, and the lively city center.
- You want to learn more about the German monarchy and the Hohenzollern dynasty.
WHAT WE WILL SEE
- Sanssouci Palace (exterior) and Garten
- Potsdam’s city center
- Dutch quarter
- Cecilienhof Palace (exterior) and Garten
- The Bridge of Spies
- Brandenburg Gate
- Old Market Square
We will start the mother tongue English tour of Potsdam at our meeting point at Potsdamer Platz in Berlin. From here we will depart by S-Bahn (train) to the city of Potsdam, the capital of the federal state of Brandenburg, about 30 km away from Berlin.
Located in the midst of an idyllic landscape, dominated by forests, lakes, canals, and rivers, Potsdam, with its nearly 150,000 inhabitants, is one of the richest cities in East Germany and one of the most beautiful ensembles of architecture in north-eastern Germany.
During the train journey, we will see the extent and grandeur of Berlin, passing through the richest districts of the German capital. Once in Potsdam, accompanied by one of our expert English-speaking guides, we will walk through the wonderful Sanssouci Park and in the majestic gardens of the Neues Palais, both declared World Heritage Sites by UNESCO.
We will see the Bridge of Spies immortalized in the film of the same name and we will travel through the streets of the Dutch Quarter, where we can relive for a moment the atmosphere of the Netherlands in the eighteenth-century Prussian capital.
We will visit the historic center of Potsdam and talk about the history of Prussia, the country that preceded Germany in this region, through the Prussian remains, culture, and traditions that are still preserved today.
We will enchant you with anecdotes of historical figures and great kings, such as Friedrich II of Prussia, and we will admire together the baroque and neoclassical palaces: the Neues Palais, the Marble Palace, and the famous Sanssouci.
We will also visit the gardens and the exterior of the palace of Cecilienhof, the summer residence of the last crown prince and location of the 1945 conference where Stalin, Churchill, and Truman and changed the destiny of the world, giving rise to the Cold War.
WHERE IS THE MEETING POINT LOCATED?
The guide will pick you up at your hotel or in another place of your choice.
- You can extend the duration of the guided tour, personalize the tour or take a longer break in a restaurant that we will recommend based on your gastronomic preferences.
- We will be happy to suggest activities for your stay in Berlin, where and what to eat, and which museums or neighborhoods to visit. We are available to advise you as best as possible based on your needs.
Please do not hesitate to write in case of doubts or questions – we are here for you!
ViveBerlin Tours, the Tourist Guide Cooperative. Discover the different facets of Berlin with our Private Berlin Tours.