- This guided tour is offered exclusively as a Private Tour.
- You choose the day and start time you prefer.
- The duration of the tour is 6 hours.
- There is no minimum number of participants, if the group is very numerous there will be a second guide to guarantee the quality of service.
- The meeting point with the guide can be your hotel or another place that you prefer.
- The tour is normally done on foot and by public transport. If you wish to take a tour by bicycle or bus with a private driver, please request this in the corresponding form.
- The cost of the tour depends on your preferences and the size of the group. Request a quote.
THIS TOUR INTERESTS YOU IF…
- You want to understand the city on a guided tour with a high degree of historical and cultural content, which summarizes all the best of East Berlin and West Berlin.
- You have little time available, but you don’t want to miss out on the chance to get to know the best of Berlin, accompanied by an experienced and professional English-speaking guide.
- You want a guide at your complete disposal, who, starting from your hotel, will accompany you in the discovery of this beautiful city.
WHAT WE WILL SEE
- The best of West and East Berlin
- Kaiser Wilhelm Memorial Church
- Victory Column
- Bellevue Palace
- Brandenburg Gate and Pariser Square
- Potsdamer Square
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Memorial to the murdered Jews of Europe
- Berlin Wall
- Topography of Terror: former Gestapo and SS headquarters
- Reichstag Building
- Unter den Linden Boulevard
- Bebelplatz – Memorial to the book-burning
- Museum Island
- Humboldt University
With this guided tour of Berlin in mother tongue English, we will discover all the main landmarks of the German capital.
We will take you to the heart of the Berlin of the past, from of its ancient and glorious splendor up to the present day. We will visit the historic center, the heart of Berlin before the Second World War and which later became that of the capital of the German Democratic Republic (DDR), as well as the center of what used to be West Berlin.
This guided tour summarizes the best of the Essential Berlin, East Berlin, and West Berlin Tours and offers a unique overview to help you understand the city throughout its long history.
We will talk about Baroque Berlin, the capital of imperial Prussia, and discover the wounds inflicted in the twentieth century, with the scar that marks the former location of the Wall and the signs of the fighting that took place at the end of the Second World War.
We will take a complete journey through the 800 years of history of the German capital, discovering its extraordinary architecture, talking about the people who bring it to life, and enjoying its characteristic atmosphere.
We will draw comparisons between the former capital of East Germany with the western part, developed around the boulevards of the Berlin Zoo, a symbol of the capitalist world. At the end of this guided tour we will be able to understand the complexity and diversity of Berlin in all its main aspects and come away with a sense of having fully grasped the soul of the city.
The route of the guided tour will be agreed with you to most easily begin and end the tour at your preferred the place of departure and conclusion.
Our guide can also help you to better plan your stay in Berlin, with suggestions of what and where to eat, which museums to visit, and which neighborhoods to explore in the days following the tour.
WHERE IS THE MEETING POINT LOCATED?
The guide will pick you up at your hotel or in another place of your choice.
- You can extend the duration of the guided tour, personalize the tour or take a longer break in a restaurant that we will recommend based on your gastronomic preferences.
- We will be happy to suggest activities for your stay in Berlin, where and what to eat, and which museums or neighborhoods to visit. We are available to advise you as best as possible based on your needs.
Please do not hesitate to write in case of doubts or questions – we are here for you!
ViveBerlin Tours, the Tourist Guide Cooperative. Discover the different facets of Berlin with our Private Berlin Tours.